AAKAR was conceptualised with a view to shape the lives of marginalized women in the operational contiguity of Moser Baer Trust & Moser Baer plants. The objective of the project is to provide women from underserved communities with skills to augment their household’s livelihood portfolios thereby helping them live dignified lives.
In the NCR location the project intends to provide skills to facilitate additional incomes apart from giving a conducive working environment for those who cannot go to nearby export houses due to reasons like lack of appropriate skill sets, stringent working hours, etc. This program gives an option of a workplace where they can work according to their capacities, with flexible working hours, bring their children along and most importantly a workplace which is near their home.
There are many companies in the NOIDA Export Promotion Zone who depend on outsourced skilled and unskilled products and services. Aakar is primarily aimed at enhancing household incomes of families from lower socio economic background by addressing the challneges enumerated.
Moser Baer Trust has been concentrating its strenuous efforts in building a network of the export houses who give the women a continuous flow of assignments and who are the focal points to make this relationship successful.
- Deficit family level economies
- Social barriers for women like lack of mobility, presence of small off-springs inhibits access to employment opportunities.
- Presence of middle-men in the supply chain of neighbourhood export houses further hampers the chances women accessing work.
- Providing enhanced household incomes by facilitating a link between the women and the neighbouring export houses.
- Facilitating Infrastructural as well as capacity enhancement of the women to enhance their skill levels to enhance quality of goods and services being delivered to the clients.
- Minimising the involvement of the contractors/middlemen between the neighbouring export houses and the women who are a viable source of the outsourced products and services.
- Arranging for care services for the children who accompany their working mothers.